Beeliar Dental Initial Consultations
Please arrive 10 minutes early to complete the medical form. Alternatively you can download and complete the form in advance here.
Our dentist needs to be aware of your general state of health as this can often impact upon the condition of your teeth and gums and may affect medication such as anaesthetics and antibiotics we may use for you.
At your consultation you will have the opportunity to discuss any dental concerns you may have or how you would like your teeth improved.
Your dentist will give you a full oral assessment to help accurately plan which treatments would be best for the health of your mouth. During this examination we will be looking at –
- Teeth and the way you bite
- Original restorations – Filling, crowns, veneers etc.
- The health of your gums and surrounding bone around each tooth
- Your tongue, throat, cheeks & lips for signs of oral cancer
- Jaw joint evaluation
Dental X-rays will also be taken of your teeth to check for –
- Decay inside the tooth or between the teeth.
- Abscess or cysts on the roots of your teeth.
- Root positions
- Bone loss
Once the examination is complete the dentist will discuss the findings with you.
We will then create a treatment plan with alternative options for you, including all the benefits and risks of each procedure and the costings. This will allow you to decide what is best for your long term dental health.