Beeliar Dental Teeth Whitening
Tooth whitening has become one of the most popular ways to improve your smile by lightening the existing shade of your natural teeth. This is a simple and effective treatment which can be carried out by your dentist or at home. Tooth whitening is non-invasive treatment which does not involve drilling or removal of the tooth surface.
There are many reasons why your teeth can become discoloured
- Drinking tea, coffee or red wine
- Food with strong colourings
- The natural act of ageing
- A tooth which is damaged by trauma
- Some teeth are naturally pigmented or stained as they develop
- Certain medications
Only natural teeth respond to tooth whitening, Crowns, Bridges, Dentures or Implants cannot be whitened.
At Beeliar Dental Care we only do Home Whitening. See below for more details.
Your dentist will provide you with the whitening kit which contains Custom made whitening trays and a peroxide based gel. To have the trays made –
- Home whitening can take up to 14 days to achieve your desired shade.
- An impression (mould) is taken of your teeth using special dental “putty”. The putty is placed into an impression tray; they are both then inserted into your mouth and pushed onto your teeth in order to take an impression. Once the dental putty is set the impression will be removed.
- The moulds are sent to the Dental Laboratory where our technician will fabricate your custom made whitening trays.
- The peroxide gel is placed into your trays, the tray is then placed onto your teeth for a period of time.
The degree of whitening will vary from patient to patient, greyer teeth can take longer to respond. Tooth whitening is not permanent; the whitening process will need to be repeated every 12 – 18 months to keep your teeth at the shade you desire.